Global Pharmaceutical Company
Fleetworx have been working with this particular client since 2008. They are a global pharmaceutical company with a UK fleet in excess of 1000 cars with over 600 cash allowances. They have a total category spend of $13.5m.
Fleetworx were appointed as company car fleet management experts with a brief to advise on potential critical savings from the fleet category in excess of 10% in an already highly leveraged fleet.
Fleetworx completed an extensive audit of the clients’ fleet structure and supply chain and identified a number of solutions:
- Reviewed and assessed the entire company car fleet supply chain and worked with the various suppliers to construct a market leading consolidated car policy.
- Produced a fully costed plan for the reduction of business use car grades from 5 to 2.
- Established optimum number of vehicles for each grade without compromising safety or functionality
- The cost and human impact of the changes were anticipated via the provision of fully evaluated scenarios for all the outcomes.
- A complete road-map to implementation was developed, including stakeholder engagement and communications.
The proposal of the 2-tier car grading structure anticipated a huge impact on the efficiencies of the company car fleet policy. The new policy suggested savings of £1.07m per year, whereas additional manufacturer leverage would deliver a further £480k over 4 years. The planned improved reallocation of vehicles also helped reduce the days in the car pool by 70%.